Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bedridden and Bored...

Feeling a little bit sorry for myself these days...so this is going to be a bit of a downer post.

For the past almost 7 weeks I have basically been bedridden. I have bulging discs in my lower back that have seriously stopped me from doing almost everything. I woke up in late September on a Saturday with my back really hurting me, but it was the town wide garage sale...lol...and I really NEEDED to go. I went with a neighbour friend of mine and we had been looking forward to going for a couple of weeks now. But with just a twinge in my back I thought that it would disappear as the morning went on...not realizing how bad it really was...or how much worse I was going to make it. As the morning went on, everytime I got out of the car I was in agony....and I got slower and slower. Four hours later I was back at home lying down....just not moving at all....I could not sit, it was to painful. For whatever dumb reason I had in my head, I went to another neighbours BBQ that night....thinking that plying myself with alcohol might work. Not so much, I ended up standing for the whole night and then walking home. Yup, pure pain.....the next day I could not get up at all. Thank goodness it was a Sunday :)

For the next week I struggled through, lying down a lot, thinking it was my sciatic and that it would go away in a week or two. I had teacher meetings to go to for Gavyn to finally meet his Aide's and his support team, and parcel's to deliver to the PO. But going into the first week of October I was able to admit that this wasn't going away and that I needed help. So hubby made me (yes he did) make an appointment with his chiro team to see if they could fix me.

We are now into the first week of November...almost a whole month of chiro. I have also gone through MRI's(yup, I am claustrophobic), EMG's...and another test that I wasn't to fond of that involved needles. The MRI came back with the results about the bulging discs and severe impingement on my sciatic nerve and another nerve and some on the other side of me as well. So I am told that this could last from 6 to 12 weeks....ummm ya.....like that's a long time. This is Christmas season, the busiest time for me come doll production...I am really losing out. I am able to stand about 4 hours MAX a day......but definitely not at one time. So it is about an hour in the morning (okay, maybe 40 mins) to get the kids out the door and dogs fed,watered and let outside. Then it is back to the lying down position. Lunch I get the dogs out again, make myself a tea, get the dishwasher loaded and started and back to bed....rinse and repeat(shower time) and then back to bed.....kinda ditto when it is dinner time..... OMG I AM SO SO SO SOOOOO Bored!!!! Going on 7 weeks of this I am starting to sound pretty pitiful to the family. I am walking (if you can call it that) around with a cane now. I really hate that thing, but it is a necessary evil so I have discovered if I want to get up the stairs...and believe me I do, the heating pad is up there.....but shhhhhhh.....don't tell hubby or the chiro, they have threatened to take it away from me. But seriously it is the only relief I get....I am NOT giving it up. Besides, the bedroom is FREEZING this time of year and I need it on my feet :)

Going to try and make my day today a little more "exciting" going to try and sew (yes I said sew, so that means sitting) some doll faces on and then hand stitch the eye, nose and mouth on. I need something to do while sitting in bed all day...6 hours of computer time everyday, ALL day...just is not doing it for me anymore...

Wish me luck....

1 comment:

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time.. I will keep you in my prayers..Hang in there.. and heck, read blogs all day long! :)