Monday, July 27, 2009

I now have sympathy....

For all you crafter's that only have their dining room table to work on to do their crafts with....being used to such a HUGE room in the past, I am having to make do for the summer....eeeks...and this is the space I am using now...



not that I am complaining....because I am not (okay maybe a twiddle) but I can make this work....I know I can. I just keep hoping that I do not scratch that glass table top. That would be a bad bad thing...

I have been trying to get into a groove and use up all of the fabric that I have brought with me...there is no way that I am buying any thing summmer...nope nope nope, not gonna do it, you can't make me...no matter how cute all the new fabric is looking these days (I am this close to buying some of the new Summer Soiree fabric by Paula Prass) but I am holding out. First of all because I need to know how to live in our new new space when we move again at the end of the summer, and I am dying to make a covered ottoman with those fabrics, but need to know how big first...and secondly...well, let's be honest...budgeting speaks louder these days. So I will be good and hold off...

In the mean time I have made these in and on my new Summer space...some of it is Back to School worthy. I hope to get them up in my shop sometime in the next week...woot...







my hall closet is getting fuller by the day....it's a happy feeling seeing all these hanging in there like that. Makes me feel like I have done something...there are a bunch more too, I just did not bring hangers that would hang the shirred sets properly....bad me....but it is nice seeing it all :)




SUPER excited for this weekend coming as it is the Diva's annual BBQ that she holds for the boutique designing community. She has opened her house to all the designers for the past 5 years, and this is my first year being able to attend after watching from afar all this time...woot!! this year I get to join in....I can not wait to share piccies....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ohh they look so pretty hanging there!

LeShayne said...

Well color me green because I am jealous - of the amazing amounts of little outfits hanging in that office and the ability to go to Diva's party. I am trying to sew up my extra fabric and have been slowly getting stuff on etsy but between the kids and this job - time is running short! Can't wait to see pics of the BBQ. Have a ton of fun.