Friday, August 7, 2009

Easy Come...Easy Go




Sometimes it is so so easy to pc together one of my Scrappy Dress's...I mean literally throw the fabrics together and it works perfectly...in an odd way (because I really do not like to match anything) and I am so surprised at how easy it was. Even the sewing glides along like it is talking to me and telling me which patches go where...

Other times....man....it can take months for a dress to get going. Sure a lot of it has to do with my procrastination. Below dress was a color suggestion from a buyer...she wanted pink and red...and while funnily enough my scrappy dress's really do come from my scraps so I have to wait until I have all the right matching patches to do something with it...and well for whatever reason I have never been a big buyer of the color red??? surprising because to major holidays use that color in the schemes.



So when someone says I would like an aqua, green and yellow scrappy dress sometimes it just maybe impossible for me to do (at the time), but ask me in 6 months and I may have some of those colors lying around in my ruffle or scrap bin and all will be good...and I just may finish it in a lickity split time....lol...


Just to fill you in a bit on what is going on with us in a great big move to the US of A. Recently is seems that we have found a rental that will suit us fine. Nothing grand of spectacular mind you....but it will do. It has 3 bedrooms instead of 4 so Gavyn and Tristen will have to share...it has 2 bathrooms....which is a plus for us coming from a 1 bath house. The basement is USEABLE.....WOOT.....which in a lot of our house hunting it seems that this was a problem. Either it wasn't finished, or it was stinky...but this one we are able to put the TV room on one half, and have a computer room/sewing room for me and hubby....OH....and there is FENCED in backyard for the dogs...so tick, tick and tick off all the boxes and it will be okay (though I am going to completely ignore the fact that my kitchen counters are aqua...sigh)

So I have been checking out the schools that they are required to go to....one of the big differences from Montreal, where they could go to just about any school that you wanted them too...as long as you could get them there...But here it is by street to which school you can go to. Looking up on their schools websites on the weekend and I see that they have "Summer Reading" Books....that they have a list of about 20 per grade and they have to choose 2 books off of it to do a book report/essay questions on. With only a month left I had to take a list from the website and pray that the nearest book store had something...anything....I hit the jackpot with Tristen and I choose 3 books for him and he could choose the 2 that he wanted to do the report on...So he got "The Wednesday Wars", "Heat", and "Things Not Seen"...now I got those 2 days ago....he is finished the first two books already....KYLE on the other hand...I was not so lucky with. I took the whole list in....and all I could find was ONE book, which was okay as they would order another for me. So the book I took home was actually the one that I really wanted for him, and the one that he might get into because it was a true story...it is called "Alive" about a plane crash and the survivor's and how they get through it...it was made into a movie as well. The boy read 2 pages and said he wasn't going to read it...sigh...give it a 100 pages at least before you give up on a book...isn't that the tried and true?? So he bribed me....lol...or I bribed him...not quite sure how it went. But if he read half the book then I would have to make him cookies...hmmmmm....doesn't seem like that bad of a trade off...because I haven't baked anything like that in a few weeks and I was due...and heck, if it would get him to read the book how was I losing??? ...lol...this morning I woke up....and there he was sitting with more than half the book read. Since I know my son...I quizzed him a bit about the book to make sure that he just didn't dog ear a page for presentation, thank goodness I saw the movie and saw a biography about it years ago so I have the jist of it...and yup....apparently cookies is the main persuader for him....(must remember that for the future)

So this afternoon...I made 4 dzn of these....




Now normally these would not last more than I day in our house....but I thought that since I am making them later in the day that this would possibly stretch them out a day and a half....ha....finally going to outsmart them....well kinda, cause I know that Kyle will come down in the middle of the night and steal a few...he's a teen of course he is going to. But that is okay, because I held my end of the bargin, and so did he....

But I did not take into the equation big dumb blond barky bark....who since we have moved in to this place has pretty much been a solid well behaved dog....until now....I went upstairs to go to the bathroom....I came downstairs to make coffee and he looked guilty....like really really guilty....slinking next the the floor as I walked by and he just ran for it....Now dinner was roasted chicken...and I did leave it on the counter as well....the dog did not touch the chicken....not even the laywayed bone was nudged....he went right for the chocolately goodness.....all 3 dzn that were left....LOL....


as you can tell I am personally not upset....

the dog just saved my diet :) and Kyle read the book, and got his cookies

win/win/win

1 comment:

Family American Style. said...

Very pretty. I thought you might like to hear about this great FREE giveaway and easy rules. Ends Sunday. http://marianneshouseofshopping.blogspot.com/