Friday, May 14, 2010

Afternoon Tea for Three (plus me)




Had my (4th) cup of tea out on the front stoop today (and I had company too)...we had planted a bit this past weekend and I was "overlooking" the progress. We probably won't be doing all that much since we are renting. While I want to pretty up the place, I am not sure how much I really want to give the landlord, since he is not reimbursing us. One thing that we HAD to do....for my sanity's sake (and probably hubby's as well) was mulch...






and lots of it....28 bags later and we probably could still do a couple of bags more...but that sounds like crazy talk....since we weren't wanting to help out the landlord all that much....right....lol....





I did buy a couple of flats and enough flowers to fill up some pretty pots that were sitting in front of my front steps. I still need to plant my Mother's day flowers in a nice rusted metal planterish thing that I have...still debating if I want to spray paint the outside of it, or let the grunge look work??? maybe by next weekend I might make up my mind...



We also bought some cheap solar little lights to light up the front walk path....we shall see if they actually work or not? or I just threw money away again. Last time we bought these things Sawyer used them as chew toys....



Going to enjoy the rest of my tea (with the spoon...ALWAYS a spoon) and toast (and yes you can make fun of my snack...but I buy the chocolate chips now so I can eat them all I want....I love being a "grown-up") with my snack buddies. They know that I will share, they are just waiting for me to look there way....hehehe

No comments: