Monday, June 15, 2009

Flirty Skirt Surprise....

When the call came out from a Tiara loving friend of mine that she wanted some skirts made for her for Summer...I came out for the challenge... am that kinda friend ya know ;) Though there was a catch of course....she was my guinea pig....lol...as I have never made an "adult" skirt before. Heck, I rarely use patterns, why change now...hehehe....so off I went into my dungeon/studio to find some fun fabrics that are not to childish but at the same time...well...are. I love fun bright fabrics that is for sure, cause when I look through my stash that is basically what you find...and boy oh boy did I find what I think is a great combination....and actually I ended up liking her's so much, I made one for me...and then another...heck, you just might find me in skirts all Summer because of this...There is way so much movement in these skirts....looks lovely going down some stairs, I go up and down just to see it move...hehehehe

I had Kyle take some pics of me in the skirts (hence the bit of blur, but he did great)....well because I needed to share the yumminess of them. Please excuse the wet hair...I just could not resist being clean and taking pictures....






OH and the shoes I wear with this...are divine. Miss PortabelloPixie had them on her blog about a year or so ago and I had everyone I know go on a search for them for me....I was so thrilled when one of my Gals came through and found them in Florida for me....Can never find anything cute here in Canada it seems...well at least not like these...




and here is one in my fav colours...I will probably end up buying a yellow tank for this, as apparently yellow is THEE it colour for the summer....who knew???....lol...





I had fun fun fun making these, and I definitely see more in my future.....



15 days and counting till the move day....woot....

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Those skirts are FABULOUS!!! I love them -- and the shoes. Your fabric choices are great. Bright and fun are always my first choice too. :)

Happy packing!

Angela said...

Really, really, really cute!

Unknown said...

I love colorful skirts and these fit the bill! Both are great colors.

You asked about an ottoman tutorial on my blog. I would seriously love to, but I can't find any fun legs. I literally took legs off another ottoman to make this one! Once I figure it out I sure will post.

LiPeony said...

wonderful skirts! So bright colorful and fun... also the length is very flattering! =D

robin said...

I love your skirts!! and golly day, I sure do love those red shoes too!!!